Saturday, September 15, 2007

It`s been begun


Greetings yawl. I moved away from Los Angeles last week for good- meaning not "for good" as in necessarily forever but for the good of spirit, myself, and potato salad tastes everywhere (turns out pasta goes pretty well in potato salad, had some last night). I'm a wanderer for real now, bent on making the most of what I've got, wherever I'm at (currently Okinawa, Japan, then on to Sydney and Broome in three days). And I thought I'd put it down on this weblog treefrog thing, so check back if you're ever interested in toxicity and bright colors (both of which may be lacking, in fact, but interest is a coo concept anyway).

This is the intro, like "Just when you thought it was overrr...." on that Gravediggaz album (haha Geoff), or like the prologue to that Danielewski novel House of Leaves where it gets all crazy right from the title page. Since I no longer have a true home (recently left the Comfort of Colby, parents sold the house, and my skateboard isn't large enough for my sleeping bag), I've decided that this blog will be a home for my ideas. From now on, Home is Wherever I'm at. "Village Well" is simply the chinese characters of my last name (村井)loosely translated. So dip a bucket.

Here's a photo taken at a park nearby the school where I'm looking into a future job in Ginowan City, Okinawa. The giant mammal whose teeth I'm picking is called a shiisaa, kind of an Okinawan gargoyle. I asked a large beetle the size of the original iPod to take a pic of me cleaning his gums. Okay, dunno how often I can get back again, but check the well whenever. And let me know how you're doing too. Bye-cha.

3 comments:

ram. said...

see ya on the other side.

Oleg K. said...

This looks very exciting man. I'm looking forward to following your travels.

Good luck.

madoyan said...

Hi, you look well. Congratulations on your life in Australia!!! Wish you luck from Japan....