Friday, April 8, 2011

Having Left Beloved Okinawa


The trip continues. Amidst crazy tragedy and wild tumult in Japan, Ileft Okinawa on April 5, where I lived for three years. I'll never forget all the wonderful people who I met there, and will keep this in my heart as I move on, in a similar way to when I left Australia back in 2008. I'm now at the home of the first friend I ever had (when I came back newborn from the hospital, she was there as a one-year-old) in Yokosuka, Japan.

My home, again, is wherever--but not just wherever randomly, but wherever I am. Wherever I am feeling myself, wherever I am able to skate, wherever I can make money, wherever I can encounter the good people and good ideas, eat the good food, breathe the good air, and be.

So here are a couple of photos from my last days in Okinawa. Big thanks to everyone I met, worked with, and spent time with in Okinawa. I'll miss you. What's next for Aki? Stay tuned for my next post...



No comments: