Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Posted up for a bit

Hey, what's the going on... here's an update in my battle with the crocodile, That Foo. That Foo has taken it underground. Or under-inlet-that-adjoins-the-ocean-with-small-streams. I haven't seen him since my first day in Roebourne. I have plenty of time, too, seeing that I now work in out at Cossack, right near where That Foo can spy on me. But little does TF know that I'm on it; I got radio-controlled submarines and croc-sonar in my control room. (jk, i just got a nice knife and some paint brushes.)

No worries, though, they're only dangerous if you go in the water. That Foo will not be getting into my workplace. So yes, as of now I've decided to post up here in Roebourne with Andrew and Sharmila until mid-November to save up some cash for my move to Broome- the pearl farms, my ultimate goal. Sharmila hooked me up with a really, really, reeeally dope job. More details to come, but I run the Bujee-Nhoor-Pu art center/gallery, part of the Roebourne Art Group-RAG- near the ocean. It's siiiick, I help out with the Aboriginal artists, clean up the building, sell paintings and my Chinaman soul to tourists (haha the tourists here are gnarrrly, like, daisy dukes old gentlemen galore). I'm also the bus-driver who picks up whoever wants to go paint every morning from the ghettos of Roebourne and Cheeditha, and bring them back in the afternoon. It's a little 12-seat Toyota HiAce, wicked fun to drive. Isaac and I have been working on getting some shelves up in the building, and I get to do a bit of painting. Like at the farmers' market. Long live WLAFM! (Handle that Seth.)

I'm at the RAG office right now, and I took some photos of my work environment today but I don't have my cable, so I'll post up the pics the next time. Word. Still can't wait to get up on the boats in Broome. Thanks to yall who have been letting me know how you're doing. Thanks world. The well is not yet dry.

No comments: