Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Yeah, that's me. The Bus Driver

Bujee-Nhoor-Pu represeeeennt fooooo.  This place is dope.  I'm living the Otto dream.  Driving a nice bus, talking to people about paintings, working with coo people, getting to know the land... things are coo.  Work's been getting a bit busier, bussing people to and from Roebourne and neighboring towns (by neighboring I mean like 4o minutes going 115 km/hr, not like Benito's to 5o's Cafe, or a quick skate to the courthouse... aahh, good ol west LA.)  I got a car tape mp3 adapter thing today, so now I can bump my own tunes for my passengers, although the Triple J radio station aint bad at all.  They were playing aaalll these songs off the new Radiohead album today.  I liked some of them.

So here are some photos of where I work, I think if you sniff the screen enough you can smell the air (dooo it!)

And it was pretty gnarly last night, we came home from work and there was all this smoke in the air, and we didn't know where it came from.  I've witnessed quite a few bushfires around, with big clouds of smoke billowing into the air (ahha, billowing, haha)  and smelled them too, when there are a lot.  This is the super arid outback, and along with gigantic spiders and frogs in the shower drain there are these fires that move quick on the spinifex grass.  So we looked out the window, our eyes all squinting from the really strong wind, and saw this crazy fire just up over the hill near town.

We were like, uhh, that's pretty close to town.  We drove up the hill to Mt. Welcome, and saw this big fire like a mile out of town.  Then later, after we borrowed some scissors from Jill, Andrew's momma, we came back and the volunteer firefighters were kinda circling around the fire, didn't really seemed like they knew what they were doing.  So they called backup, and they waited a while, scoping out the fire's movements, then like after a while, when we were back home chillin, they put it out.  So it really wasn't that big of a deal.  It looked and smelled pretty cool.  Stay tuned for more frog-inspired notifications.

2 comments:

XYZ said...

AKIIIIIII! How come your life is so exciting? I'm mad at you. <3 Conroy

Rorsch said...

Holy crap, you stole Otto's bus after you stole his look! That is so coool. <3 <3 Hoai