Sunday, November 18, 2007

Last day in Roebourne

Fish in front of the Ngarluma Resource Centre,
where I spent lots of afternoons drinking tea, and
stole biscuits. (Sorry yall)


Ernest Kerr and weird dude.
You have to talk super loud to Ernest, he's deaf.
Not to say he's not super cool, he's def a bro.
(no pun, no pun geeeez)


Alice, the artist of all artists. She smells like onions,
walks
with a purpose, and doesn't
give a fuuuck. "Whatime-wego-in?!"


Loreen and I discuss the intricacies of her land depiction.
"Mmmyeess, this layer of rock is quite exquisite."
Actually, we were just like let's act like we're talking about it.
The stories behind the paintings, though, truly amazing stuff.




It's like we're both doing some funked improv with handpistols.
But Andrew was telling a story about falafel or shawarma
I think and how to present it to someone.
Proppa, son!


Huge thanks to Andrew, Sharmila, Jill, everyone in Roebourne, the boys at the courts, Cossack Crew, really, everyone I met in the village. You will be remembered. Thanks Moorumburri, I appreciate it, now I'm about to get on the boat today! yeeeah

More to come from Arafura Pearl Farm.

No comments: